Walk According to the Spirit

Romans 8:1-4:
"1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit"

 The world wants us to walk in the flesh. When we leave the "path" we are no longer walking in the Spirit. Since we have been set free from the "law of sin and death", we now have a choice. To either walk in the flesh or in the spirit.

Many things tempt us to walk off the path- distractions, desires, etc. When I go out walking I always like to take my camera in case I see something special. But the problem is that the path is there for my protection. If I go off the path because I saw a pretty flower and I want to take a picture, there could be dangers lurking. There could be snakes, poison or maybe even a cliff! If I stay on the "path", I am safe. 

Satan tries his best to cause us to detour off the path. He also changes the road signs. During WWII, the Germans would change the road signs and the allies would get lost. But if they had a compass, they would always know just where they were. We have a spiritual compass- the Word and the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16-25
"16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

If you are walking in the Spirit you WILL NOT fulfill the lust of the flesh.

(Taken from Pastor Keith's message- 1/4/2015)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Identity

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

THE HARVEST