SEASONS

In a recent Sunday School lesson Bro. George Parsons taught some vital truths that we need in our walk with Christ. He spoke about how there are "seasons" in our lives and we need to recognize when they come and know how to handle them. Using the verses Acts 1:7,8; Acts 3:19-23 he brought out how there are appointed times in our lives. Act 3:19 tells us to "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." Here it is speaking directly about salvation- but as we continue on in life with Christ, there is always repenting to be done- even if we haven't done anything wrong. It is a form of humbling and submitting our wills and our lives to Christ. There is always a time of refreshing that follows repentance.

We could be going through a severe trial- it's a "season" in our life. It doesn't have to consume our life if we yield it over to the Lord. We could be going through a very joyful time, a time that we feel we are being abundantly "blessed". Everything seems to be going good. Again- this shouldn't define us- because it is just a season and we must give it to the Lord- always giving Him the thanks and praise because of Who He is.

Are you going through a "season"? I suspect that everyone is going through some kind of season. Paul said in Philippians 4:11-13 "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Identity

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

THE HARVEST